Hair transplants are becoming more popular all the time and for good reasons. Not only can they replace lost hair, but they can also enhance your hairline. In this article, we’ll discuss how the best hair transplant clinic in Delhi works, the costs involved, and the aftercare required. We’ll also offer some advice on choosing a qualified transplant surgeon.
- What is Hair Transplantation Therapy?
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles get extracted from the donor site and transplanted to the recipient site. We classify hair transplants:
- Extraction of Follicular Units (FUE)
- Transplantation of Follicular Units (FUT)
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)–Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is the most common method of hair restoration. This is the type of hair transplant in which they take individual hair follicles from any part of the body with adequate hair growth.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)–In this procedure, a strip of skin from the back of the scalp gets removed to extract the donor hair follicles. Once the follicles get extracted, we inserted them into the donor site incisions.
- How is it carried out?
The FUE Method
The specialist begins by administering local anesthesia. This ensures that the patient gets relaxed and pain-free throughout the procedure.
- They extracted individual hair follicles from the donor area using a tweezer-like instrument.
- Following that, it made small incisions with a sterilized needle in the area that requires treatment.
- They then inserted the extracted hair follicles into these incisions.
- After the grafting, they cover the treated area with a bandage or gauze for 10-15 days.
Procedure for FUT
The surgeon removes a skin strip from the donor site after administrating local anaesthetic as well as trimming the hair.
- They extracted hair follicles from the skin grafts to prepare for hair transplantation.
- We will implant these hair follicles into the recipient site of the scalp in a natural-looking pattern.
- Finally, the scalp gets bandaged after the antiseptic gets applied.
- Hair transplant advantages
Following are some advantages of hair transplantation:
- Hair transplantation is a long-term solution for people who are losing their hair.
- It helps to create a natural hairline and provides a texture that matches the person’s natural hair.
- It requires little maintenance because the transplanted hair behaves similarly to natural hair.
- The patient does not require any special products following the treatment.
- How long does hair transplant recovery take?
Recovery times vary. Most patients can return to work within 3-4 days of the procedure. However, the procedure’s results may take 6-10 months to show up. People must use saline sprays and take meds given a prescription by a professional for 2-3 days following the procedure.
- Are there any treatment-related side effects?
Hair transplantation is a relatively risk-free method of hair restoration. Minor effects can cause some patients, however, they are temporary and treatable. Among them are:
- A minor ache in the scalp
- Itching in the surgical area
- Hair follicle inflammation.
- Tactile loss in the operating room
- Hair Transplant Costs
A hair transplant costs between INR 30,000 and INR 2 Lacs on average. The cost is determined by the number of grafts, harvesting site, surgeon expertise, and other factors.
Hair transplantation is a procedure that involves direct hair transplant with another type of hair. We can do it for a variety of reasons, such as to restore a lost hair follicle. The procedure is safe and can get done by hair loss doctors in Gurgaon. There are several types of hair transplant procedures, and each has its associated costs and aftercare requirements. If you are considering a hair transplant, be sure to speak with a qualified doctor about your specific needs.