For many decades, getting your hands on ration was a lengthy process. You had to get in line on the ration day at five in the morning to be able to buy your monthly quota of rice, sugar, salt and kerosene. Instead of enjoying the benefits of India’s democracy, if you were not fast enough on your feet or did not have the resources to make several trips to the ration shop during the course of a month, you might end up without any ration at all. But with Aadhaar and Ration card linking, the process has got easier.
In this section you will get all details that are required to be considered during the linking of the ration card with Aadhaar card, how to do it and what benefits you will get.
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. The number is issued to Indian residents based on their demographic and biometric information, and is electronically linked to the demographic database. Aadhaar has caused a fundamental shift in how India does business. While banking in India traditionally involved an army of clerks poring over documents, the country now has a seamless network for transferring money.
India’s public distribution system is a regulated market where the government caps the prices of essential items of mass consumption and guarantees the right to these commodities for all of its citizens. Households are issued ration cards that ensure that they have access to these goods at regulated prices from government-owned retail shops. Ration cards remain a vital document for many Indians as it is their main source for getting food grain. In the past, people could wait for days in long queues to get ration cards. Many governments have been unable to supply enough ration cards, which have been the cause of violent protests and other unrest.
Users can now do the linking of their ration card with Aadhaar either offline or online. You can also check your beneficiaries data on your portal. Many banks are now using Aadhaar to open bank accounts for their customers. It would definitely help in curbing illegal money transactions, which may help in checking inflation too. It’s advantages are:
- If you link up these cards, then the duplication of these ration cards gets eliminated from society and people can get the benefits easily.
- Fraud activities that happen from these cards are eliminated and hence it benefits the government and other people.
- This biometric enabled distribution system will allow the government to determine the genuine beneficiaries and help them access food, pensions, and other services on time.
- The Aadhar card and Ration card link has made it easier to identify and eliminate corrupt middlemen in the Public Distribution System.
Ration cards are issued to everyone regardless of gender, caste, religion, income levels, etc. But it has sometimes been seen that people abuse the privilege of a ration card. There are even cases where an individual has his or her name registered at multiple places by showing different addresses or false address proofs like fake voter IDs or fake passports. Thus depriving other deserving individuals of their rightful benefit.
Aadhar Link to Ration Card Online
The Government of India is pushing for digital India. For a digitized house, the first step is e-distribution of ration to the target beneficiaries at their respective doorstep. The Food and Civil Supplies department has recently started an online method to link the Aadhaar (UIDAI) and ration cards. With the help of ration cards, the government plans to bring about reforms in Agriculture and thereby uplift the socio-economic condition of farmers
If you are looking to link your Aadhaar card with your ration card online, the below mentioned steps will help.
- Step 1: To start the process, you need to visit the official Aadhaar seeding website and then select the “Start Now” button to start with it.
- Step 2: In the website, enter the basic things such as address and enter it carefully including the district and state.
- Step 3: After entering the details, you need to select the benefit type from the option given to you. In it, you need to select the type and it is “Ration Card”.
- Step 4: When you choose this option, also choose the scheme that you want to enable. In it, click on the “Ration Card” as well. العاب تكسب فلوس
- Step 5: After this, enter all the basic details that have been asked on the website. The details like ration card number, Aadhaar number, email address and mobile number needs to be filled in there. betobet
- Step 6: When you enter your mobile number, an OTP(One Time Password) will come to your messages. Enter only that mobile number that you carry with yourself.
- Step 7: After receiving the OTP, enter it and keep in mind that you need to enter the correct one. When you enter the correct OTP, a new page will appear to confirm that your application process is successful.
- Step 8: After you apply for your Aadhaar card and Ration Card link, you will receive a notice confirming that your card is ready for linking with your ration card. We appreciate the effort you have put in getting an Aadhaar card linked with your Ration Card.
This is a step by step procedure to link your Aadhaar card with your ration card. Linking the two cards makes it easier for you to avail subsidy through direct benefit transfer from the government of India. خطط الدومينو This method is based on the following guidelines for linking ration card with Aadhaar Card. It is a step by step method and has to be followed correctly. Thus people can follow this method if they are facing any difficulty.
Aadhar Seeding to Ration Card – Offline
Aadhaar is a unique identification system that is used by the Government of India to identify Indian citizens. To link your Aadhaar card to your ration card offline, visit the nearest branch office of the concerned department.
- Step 1: For linking your Aadhaar Card to your Ration Card, you need to get the Aadhaar Card copies and as well as the photocopies of the Ration Card to the center.
- Step 2: Apart from it, if the bank account is not linked with your Aadhaar Card, then you need to carry the passbook of your bank account too. It will help you in the later stages when they will need your details.
- Step 3: Besides all these documents, take a passport size photograph with you and then submit all these documents to the center you have visited. The center will be known as a ration office or Public Distribution System (PDS)/ration shop.
- Step 4: After you submit the documents, you need to give a fingerprint ID as that will allow them to check your information that is given to you. Information about Aadhaar Card and other things will be checked thoroughly.
- Step 5: When the documents will be reached to a particular office after they are checked, then you will be notified through a SMS or Email about the procedure.
- Step 6: Now you can rest as all the documents will be checked by the officials in the office and then you will get the notification that the ration card is successfully linked to the Aadhaar cards.
Offline Linking of Aadhaar card to ration card is the easiest way to get the benefits of a ration card. But people face problems if they do not know how to upload an offline Aadhaar card at a ration shop or banks. There are some people who face some issues while linking their ration card with Aadhaar cards. If you are facing any issue regarding the linking of Aadhaar cards with ration cards, then you can solve your problem by visiting the official portal of Aadhaar card.
Related Article: How to Link Aadhar to Bank Account
The Aadhar card and ration card linking is necessary and its primary purpose is to ensure that the distribution of welfare benefits and subsidies reaches the intended beneficiaries. This card provides identification for those who may not qualify for a regular government issued ID, such as those without birth certificates or those who were born in rural areas and may not have had access to the Government services as required to obtain such an ID.
If implemented with proper planning and preparation, this is a great step towards curbing corruption. It will also bring transparency by allowing monitoring of food distribution. However, both implementation and monitoring must be done efficiently and honestly to avoid misuse and exploitation of the system. The government claims to be making efforts to remove the pilferage of the distribution system, but this has not been put into effect. People are still facing problems. This is not only a travesty for those who need these essential items but also shows sheer disrespect towards them.